On the eve of International Women’s Day, the Fiji Women’s Fund (the Fund) launched its 2018 annual progress report and announced new grants to 11 women’s civil society organisations. The announcement was made today by Hon. Mereseini Vuniwaqa, Minister for Women, Children and Poverty Alleviation, at the launch of the Fund’s 2018 Annual Progress Report in Suva.
Focus of the EOI
EOIs are invited from women’s organisations, groups and networks in Fiji that work on one or more of the following priority areas:
- Women’s economic empowerment
- Elimination of violence against women
- Women’s leadership, including increasing women’s representation in informal and formal leadership and decision-making spaces
- Strengthening women’s groups and coalitions for change.
What is on offer?
Successful applicants will be provided with a grant to undertake their work. The Fund will provide funding and capacity development support to women’s organisations, groups, and networks in one or more of the above focus areas. The Fund aims to spread benefits to a broad range of women’s groups and encourages EOIs from partnerships and coalitions based groups.
The Fund has three types of grants:
- Type A (FJD 150,000 or more): this is a multi-year funding with contribution to core funding. Applicants must be nationally registered or an incorporated non-profit women’s organisation working in Fiji. Applicants must have previous experience with Australian aid funding or other donors.
- Type B (FJD 50,000 to FJD 150,000): a one year funding with contribution to core funding. Applicants must be nationally registered or an incorporated non-profit women’s organisation working in Fiji. Applicants do not need to have previous experience with Australian aid or other donors.
- Type C (FJD 5,000 to FJD 50,000): grants can be less than one year. Applicants can be small, developing, and rurally based organisations with no previous experience with donors. Applicants must be nationally registered or an incorporated non-profit women’s organisation working in Fiji. Women’s organisations, networks or groups without registration will be considered on a case by case basis by the Grants Committee in line with broader due diligence processes.
Who can apply?
Applications are open to Fijian women’s groups that are based in Fiji and managed by Fiji nationals and:
- must be governed and led by women, with women filling the majority of leadership positions (including equality of financial control mechanisms);
- have a clear commitment to gender equality and women’s empowerment;
- come from or have reach to remote, rural, or other marginalised groups;
- be open to working with diverse groups and issues regardless of ethnicity, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, people living with disability; and
- have worked as a group for at least one year.
How to apply?
- Complete the EOI form (Forms are available from the Fund office or email firstname.lastname@example.org). You can also download a copy here: Fiji Women Fund Expression of Interest Form
- Email the completed EOI form to: email@example.com OR
- Post EOI form to: P.O. Box GC041, Garden City, Suva, Fiji Islands OR
- Deliver to: Fiji Women’s Fund, c/- Pacific Leadership Program, Level 3 Kaunikuila House (Sun Insurance Building), Flagstaff, Suva, Fiji
Deadline for submission is 10.00pm 27 August 2017. EOIs received after this date will not be considered.
Want to find out more?
Information sessions will be conducted in the following areas:
- 10 – 11 August, Central division at the Pacific Theological College, Nasese, Suva
- 14 August, Eastern division in Taveuni at the Cakaudrove Multiracial Centre, Waiyevo
- 17 – 18 August, Northern division in Labasa at the Hotel Northpole
- 21 – 25 August, Western division in Rakiraki at Kalawati House, in Ba at the Ba Red Cross Hall, in Lautoka at the Waterfront Hotel, in Nadi at the District Officer’s Conference Room, in Sigatoka at the Sigatoka Town Council Board Room
- 22 August in Navua at the Ro Matanitobua Building
The Fiji Women’s Fund (the Fund) is an initiative of the Australian Government’s Pacific Women Shaping Pacific Development (Pacific Women) Program. The Fund commits up to AU$10.5 million from 2017 to 2022 and provides funding and capacity development support to women’s groups, networks, and organisations in Fiji to expand and enhance their work on women’s empowerment and gender equality.
For further information on the Fiji Women’s Fund, please contact Michelle Reddy, Fund Manager on 702 1500 or email firstname.lastname@example.org